Friday, January 22, 2010

Stuff White People Like- Multicultural Aid in the Classroom

While we address multicultural topics in our classroom it seems rather helpful to have examples of culture and ethnicity. I was introduced to this website; stuffwhitepeoplelike.com in another one of my classes and I thought that you would appreciate this blog as teachers. It brings in an added amount of humor to the idea of racial identity and it can help to bring forth a topic in the classroom that is very touchy. Also, it has helped me to laugh a bit at my own race and use it as a way to present myself as a white teacher to the students that I have. Obviously this website should be used with an added amount of judgment and not be any sort of way to make superior or inferior judgments about race. It is merely a way to point out differences or similarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment